Ok, so I have just released the 1.3 update of Number Tap, it should be live within the app store in a few hours. There were two main reasons for this update, to tweak some of the localisations & UI, and also to improve the metadata for the application to make it better optimised for the App Store. I'll break down the changes below
- Professionally translated into Spanish, Russian, Chinese & Japanese
- UI Tweaks on the 'game over' scene to make social networks less obtrusive
- Cleaned up the code base and made a few tweaks to optimise the code that is run.
- Trimmed some space off of the app, removing unused assets and doing some file compression.
I have been researching a lot of information about ASO (App Store Optimization) and wanted to make some simple changes to my application to see what difference (if any) is made to my daily sales and rankings.
- Icon: I have completely overhauled the Icon to be more representative of the gameplay, more 'gamey' and colorful.
- Description: I have refined it by making the sentences a lot shorter and to the point, having a bulleted list at the top along with a few quotes from user reviews.
- Keywords: I have been using a tool called Appcod.es to see how I rank for my current keywords and search phrases. This has lead me to evaluate what keywords are not working so I can remove them and add better keywords/phrases.
- Categories: Previously I was listed in the Games Trivia, Games Education & Educational categories. I have changed this so I am now listed in Games Cards, Games Dice & Education which I feel may be less competitive and better suited to a math game.
- Screenshots: I have changed from just screenshots of the app to show the app within a picture of the iPhone/iPad along with a couple of descriptive sentences.
As the app update has only just gone live, it will be a while (1-2 weeks) before I have any data to show any trends in my sales performance. I'll post an update when I can (maybe in a week) if there are any changes to my sales data. ASO is a constant battle, so keeping track of performance is key to make sure my keywords remain relevant. While doing this, I also have a stripped down version of the game due to be launched soon as a lite version, and the sequel is currently 70% done which will offer even more game modes! Busy busy busy...
Want to try Number Tap? Download it from the App Store today!